Every day receiving Spam messages is a headache, that too when you can’t recognize who is sending them when there is no name, but just a code. Fret not as today we are here to guide you on how to check the details of the SMS sender company, like name and address using TRAI’s online service. Meanwhile, you can also learn to filter Marketing, Spam Emails in Gmail.
How to Check the SMS Sender Details?
TRAIs Header Information Portal website lets you know the company name, behind the SMS, by the sender’s header code. This is the same code that appears when you receive a message from companies like your telecom or online shopping service. This service is free and we have verified it by checking some codes ourselves. Let’s see how to use the service.
1. Open a browser and navigate to TRAI Header Information Portal.
2. Enter your Email ID and Name in theDownload/View Header details‘ box, to create your account.
3. On the next page, enter the code received in your mail.
4. Once your account is verified. A new page will appear asking you for the header code in a Prefix and Header name manner.
5. Enter the first two alphabets of the header code in the Prefix section and the rest of the code in the Header name section. Click the Continue button.
6. Now, you will be able to see the name and address of the company, on the next screen and you will also see the purpose of the message.
7. It even provides you with a direct link to the provider’s header code help page.
Block Spam SMS on Phone
Now, that you know who is sending you those messages, you can choose to block such Spam messages on your Android. iPhone users can read our comprehensive guide on how to block unwanted calls and messages on iPhones.
Q: Who is sending SMS from with Numbers like AX, JD, VM, VK, TM, etc.?
A: You check the details of such numbers using the TRAI Header Information Portal. We have explained the complete process above,
Q: How to Check SMS sender details on phone?
A: Currently there isn’t any app from TRAI to check SMS sender details on phone. So you need to rely on the official website. The rest of the process is similar to the steps provided in the guide above.
Wrapping Up: Get to Know the SMS Sender
So this is how you can check the details of the SMS sender like the company name and address. You can use this service as many times as you want and this website is completely free to use. and you can block them as well. I hope you found this useful, if you did make sure to share it. Stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more such tech tips, and check out other useful tips linked below.
You might be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.