Just like other popular social media platforms, Twitter also has a DM option by which users can send messages to other members on the platform. However, there are many instances when we are not able to send links in Twitter DM and get can’t send links error. So today in this read, we will discuss how to fix can’t send links in Twitter Direct Message. Meanwhile, you can also learn how to download Twitter Images in Original Quality.
Fix Can’t Send Links in Twitter Direct Message
If you are also unable to send links in Twitter direct messages, in this article, we have added three ways to help you fix and send links in Twitter Direct Messages.
Remove HTTP from URL
Sometimes, removing the HTTP from the URL you are sharing, helps you in fixing the problem of the inability to send links on Twitter. Here’s how you can remove and share it.
1. Copy the URL you want to share on Twitter.
2. Paste it somewhere or directly on Twitter DMs chat.
3. Remove “HTTP://” from the beginning of the URL (for example in this URL: http://gadgetstouse.com, you need to share it as gadgetstouse.com)
4. Once removed, you will be able to share the link with the person.
Use a triple slash
If you are still unable to send the links on Twitter DMs, then you need to change the URL and add three slashes instead of two. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Copy the URL on the clipboard which you want to send.
2. Add a slash after HTTPS or HTTP in the URL. For example, https:///gadgetstouse.com.
3. Once, Twitter will not create the hyperlink for that URL and send it as a text message.
4. Now, the recipient needs to copy and paste the text URL into a browser, and they will be redirected to the URL as almost every browser recognizes and interprets intentional mistakes.
Create a Short Link for the URL
You can also try creating a short link for the URL as there are chances that Twitter may not let you send links to specific websites. Here’s how you can create and send a short link.
2. Once opened, enter the URL you want to share.
3. Tap on Shorten URL or Short Link.
4. It will generate a short link for the URL.
5. Copy the link and send it via Twitter DM.
Bonus: Download photos & videos from Twitter DM
If you are one of those who receive media files like photos on Twitter Direct Messages regularly, you might be curious to know how you can download them on your device. Don’t worry, we have already created a dedicated guide for downloading photos and videos from Twitter Direct Messages in your local drive.
Wrapping Up: Can’t Send Links in Twitter Direct Message
So this is how you can fix the problem of can’t send links in Twitter Direct messages. I hope you found this article useful, if you did; hit the like button and share this post with your friends to help them be aware of the solution. Check out more tips linked below, and stay tuned for more such tech tips.
You might be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.