Ever since YouTube Shorts is introduced, it became a massive hit, covering over 5 trillion total views in a short span of time. While it introduced a variety of engrossing content for viewers to watch, some of them proved to be really worthy of a download. If you’re wondering to download YouTube Shorts on different devices, you’ve come to the right spot. Read on as we discuss the top five ways to download YouTube Shorts on Android, iPhone, and PC.
Ways To Download YouTube Shorts On Android, iPhone, and PC
Use Native YouTube App to Download YouTube Shorts
The YouTube app for Android offers the in-app feature to download and save any YouTube Shorts video inside it to watch later. Here’s how you can achieve the same:
1. Open the YouTube app and locate your desired shorts video in it.
2. Next, tap on the channel icon in the bottom-left corner.
3. Further, tap on the YT channel name at the top and switch to the Videos tab to find the short video that you’ve been playing.
4. Tap on the three-dots icon next to your located video and press the Download Video option to download and save the video to your app.
5. Choose from the available quality settings and tap on the Download button to confirm your action.
6. Once downloaded, you can access your downloaded YT shorts by tapping on the Library tab at the bottom-right corner.
7. Press the Downloads option to view all your downloaded shorts videos inside the YouTube app.
Do note that all of the downloaded YT Shorts videos will only be accessible inside the YouTube app. In the absence of an active internet connection on your device for 29 days, the downloaded videos shall automatically be removed from the app.
Use TubeShorts App to Download Shorts Video
In addition to the native YouTube app, you can utilize various free third-party Android apps to conveniently download any YouTube Shorts video. Follow these easy steps to achieve the same:
1. Open Google Play Store on your Android device and search for the ‘Tube Shorts Downloading’ app to install it.
2. Copy the link of your desired YT short video by tapping on the Share button and pressing the Copy Link option.
3. Now, open the installed app and paste the copied URL in the first search field. Tap on the Search icon to open the desired video.
4. Further, tap on the Download button to download the chosen YT Shorts video.
5. Your selected video will be downloaded instantly and saved to your Android device in the downloads folder. You can view it later using any media player or gallery app on your phone.
Unlike Android, the YouTube app for iOS does not offer the native feature to download any YouTube Shorts video to its app. However, there are other free and effective alternatives to easily download the same to your device. With that being said, let’s have a detailed look at two such methods.
Use Any Video Saver App to Download YouTube Shorts
The Any Video Saver app is among the popular iOS applications that offer to grab and download any video on the internet to watch it later. Fortunately, this app also works flawlessly in downloading any YT shorts video. Here’s how you can use this app to your advantage:
1. Open Apple App Store on your iPhone and search for the Any Video Saver app to install it.
2. Next, open the YouTube app and copy the link of your desired short video by tapping on the Share button and pressing the Copy link option.
3. Further, open the installed app and tap on the + icon under the video section to add a new video to your app collection.
4. Tap on the Copied Link option to paste the earlier copied link to the app for grabbing the video.
5. Wait for a few seconds and press the Download button to download the selected YT Short video to your iPhone.
6. Press the save button to confirm your action.
7. That’s it. You’ve successfully downloaded your desired YT Shorts video and can play it anytime using this app on your iOS device.
Use Online Tools to Watch and Download YT Shorts
Another easy method to download any YouTube shorts video on your iPhone is to use the online tools to export the desired video to your device and then view it inside the Photos app. With that being said, let’s have a detailed look at the steps involved in the same.
1. Copy the link to your YT Shorts video by tapping on the Share button and pressing the Copy Link option.
2. Next, open the YouTube Shorts Downloader tool on any web browser on your iPhone and paste the copied link in the search field.
3. Wait for a few seconds to let the tool grab your desired video.
4. Choose your preferred video quality and tap on the Get Link button to download the selected YT Shorts video to your device.
5. Press the Download button to confirm your action.
6. Now, locate the downloads tab on your browser and open the downloaded video to play it.
7. Press the Share icon in the bottom-left corner and tap on Save Video to export the downloaded video to your Photos app.
8. That’s it! You can now watch the downloaded Short video inside your iPhone’s Photos app.
Use Shortsnoob Website to Download YouTube Shorts
Similar to smartphones, you can download your favorite YT Shorts video to your desktop through free online tools without installing or paying premium prices for any subscription / software. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open a new tab on your web browser and access the Shortsnoob website.
2. Next, access your favorite YT Shorts video on Youtube by clicking on the Shorts tab and pressing the Share button.
3. Further, press the Copy button to copy the URL to the current shorts video.
4. Now, paste the copied URL into the Shortsnoob website opened earlier and press the search button.
5. Choose your desired quality and press the corresponding Download button to download it to your PC.
Congrats! You’ve successfully downloaded your favorite YT Shorts video to your PC using this method. Double-click on the downloaded file to play it in your default media player app on your PC.
Bonus Tip: Watch YouTube Shorts on PC and Tablet without Downloading
If you do not wish to deal with the hassle of searching and downloading YT Shorts videos to your smartphone or PC, you can learn to watch them directly on your PC or tablet without downloading them. Follow this detailed explainer on watching YouTube Shorts on PC and Tablet without downloading it.
Q1: Is there any app to download YouTube Shorts Video on the smartphone?
Yesyou can either use the TubeShorts app on Android or the Any Video Saver app on your iPhone to conveniently download any YouTube Shorts video.
Q2: Can you save a YouTube Shorts video to your playlist?
Yes, you can quickly save any YouTube Shorts video to the watch later or custom playlist. To achieve this, tap on the three-dot icon next to your Shorts video and press the Save to Watch Later option.
Q3: How to save a Shorts video to your phone’s gallery?
To save a YouTube Shorts video to your phone’s gallery, you can use the above-listed methods to download it via free third-party apps.
Q4: Is it safe to download YouTube Shorts?
Yes, downloading any YouTube Shorts video is perfectly safe as long as you keep it for your own personal use. Any infringement to it such as using it for commercial purposes without attribution shall lead to copyright issues.
That’s a wrap for the top 5 ways to download YouTube Shorts videos on your Android phone, iPhone, or PC using the methods listed above. If this guide has helped you in accomplishing the same, then hit the Like button and share this guide with your friends to assist them as well. Subscribe to our Twitter handle @gadgetstouse for more informative tips and tricks.
You might also be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.